Friday, July 10, 2015

The Times They Are a-Changin

Well friends a few weeks ago I accepted a new position as an assistant principal at a local elementary school within my district. I am very excited to get into my new school and make some life long friendships. When my superintendent called me to offer me the position I was so nervous about where they would place me. As many of you know, when you interview for an AP position they can place you in any of the schools within your district that have an opening. I wasn't really sure which schools had an opening but when the superintendent told me my placement I was beyond excited.  I was placed in a school that I completed my student teaching internship and was a long term sub. This placement was definitely an answer from God that I was where he wanted me. Although I am looking forward to this new transition personally and professionally, I have to be honest and say that I am going to miss working so closely with students.  I really loved being a teacher and so it was a difficult decision to leave the classroom but I think this new role will be just as rewarding. I have a heart for teachers and am glad that I can use this new position to assist them.  I am not sure where this new role will take me as far as this blog is concerned but I am sure I will find a way to blog.


Until next time,

Stephie

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Best wishes on this new chapter in your life! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Best wishes on this new chapter in your life! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! What an accomplishment! :) I can't wait to read some of your new posts as an AP! :)

    ReplyDelete