Saturday, June 8, 2013

Leadership 101- Teaching leadership in the Classroom

Friends, I am already planning for next year on my first day out! It is sad... I know. Recently, I was accepted to a leadership doctoral program and I am really enjoying the books I have been assigned. I couldn't help but think about how we should be preparing our youth to be leaders. In my opinion, this is a 21st century skill! My mind is riveting with all the possibilities of this lesson. Next year, I am teaching fourth grade gifted math and reading and fifth grade gifted reading. I am so excited to have the same students next year. I adore them! Next year, I am working on a huge unit based on the idea of leadership. This poster has me thinking about all the ways I can incorporate leadership skills in my classroom.

I am going to blow this up on the poster maker and refer to it all year. I am also looking at books that we can read to teach these skills. Like these:
EverydayLeadershipCD-ROM1 The Leader in Me Level 5 Student Activity Guide

I would love to hear from anyone who has taught a similar lesson or has any ideas.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your acceptance into your doctoral program! I agree 100% that we need to spend more time developing young leaders. My 4th graders have many more followers than leaders. I look forward to following your blog to read more about your journey into this topic.

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete