Saturday, May 31, 2014

Favorite Read Alouds


As the school year winds down I thought it would be great to create a list of some of my favorite read alouds. As a reading major, I could probably spend all day reading books to my students so I have to be careful not to read to them the whole time. A great rule of thumb is to choose books that are two grade levels above or that teach a particular skill you wish to focus on during a mini-lesson. This will help students increase their vocabulary and also help them become acquainted with more complex story structures and problems. Below is a list of my favorites.





Beginning of the Year:



Social Skills:








Picture Books:











Chapter Books:

















End of the Year Books







What are some of your favorite read alouds?


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoy read alouds. These are some great books, too. I'll see if I can get some of these in my school media center for my kiddos this year. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete