Monday, December 2, 2013

Waiting for Superman

Waiting for Superman is a documentary that analyzes the educational deficits of inner-city schools. This documentary was really empowering. I heard about this video from one of my friends in the Ed.D program. She was giving a presentation about the leadership style of Michelle Rhee. If you are not familiar with Michelle Rhee, she was the chancellor of the Washington, D.C public schools from 2007-2010. The interesting thing about Michelle is that she had only taught three years before becoming the chancellor, she had no Ph.D and have never ran a school district before.

Attribution: Newsweek


If you are interested in watching Waiting For Superman I have attached a link I found on Vimeo.





Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed this documentary...I watched it awhile ago on Netflix. If you have Netflix streaming, they actually have a few other really interesting education documentaries as well.

    ReplyDelete