Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Colorful Library Book Bin Labels (Freebie)

Hey friends, I hope you have had a wonderful week, I am so ready for this Thanksgiving break to start. I am ready to eat lots of seafood and spend time with my family. Before I begin my break, I wanted to share one of the projects I have been working on for my classroom. This year my students are really struggling to keep my library organized and it is driving me crazy! I decided to make some new book bin labels that would help with this organization. First thing Monday morning we are going to have a meet and greet on the floor in our class library to discuss our new organization method.

First, I decided to color coordinate my bins by genre. Now all my chapter books are labeled with green tags. My non-fiction books are blue, my fiction books are pink, my graphic novels are purple, my teaching books are yellow and my biographies are orange. I am also working on posters that match each genre to display on the bookshelf near that section. Since I love bright colors I decided to choose vibrant neon colors for each tag.




No comments:

Post a Comment