Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A Tour Of My Classroom

I am really excited about how my classroom is coming along so I thought I would share the pictures as I promised yesterday. I have spent all summer dreaming about how I could make my reading center better. I love reading and the reading center is always my favorite part of a classroom.

This is my NEW reading area!





Here are the Daily Five bags
my Mother-In-Law embroidered



I number my cubbies
with calendar pieces


My Math Stations


The Rock Star of The Week
Board and Bag


My Messy Desk


Student Desks


 The Listening Center




9 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your reading area!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your room looks great and I love your reading area!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Using calendar numbers to number student cubbies, etc...how smart! I'm having one of those "why didn't I think of that" moments right now! Thanks for sharing. It looks awesome!
    Angela Just Love Teaching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love your classroom! Your reading area is awesome! I also love your cubbies and the storage underneath. Green with envy here!

    Rachel
    Go Fourth! With Mrs. Owens

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of numbering cubbies with calendar numbers! I'm also wondering why I never thought of that! Thanks for the tip. :)

    http://thesilverlininginteaching.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just recently found your blog! I teach 4th & just started a teaching blog today! Your room looks so great! I just bought some of those same green baskets you have your books in!

    What a great idea to use caledar pieces to number cubbies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I Love the furniture in your reading nook! Where did you get it???

    ReplyDelete
  8. Will you be my teacher?! Love your room - such a bright and clean and happy place to learn!

    ReplyDelete