2. I am absolutely obsessed with sushi! My favorite is the the Dragon Roll. I only eat it on Wednesdays and Sundays because on those days it's half off at my favorite restaurant .
3. I married my high school sweetheart and we have been together for 11 years now and although it may sound trite, he truly is my best friend.
4. My husband is a professional racecar driver, so I get to go to lots of cool places (and I'm pretty excited because our new corporate teammate is Patrick Dempsy! Below is a picture of our teammates Patrick and Sam and the second picture is of my husband and I).
5. I love teaching and I couldn't imagine doing anything else. Three months after I graduated high school I became a substitute teacher, and then three years after that I got my first teaching job. My long term goals are to be a reading professor... and then eventually the Superintendent (You can never dream too big, right?).
6. I love fishing and when I'm not teaching, I'm at the beach from sunrise to sunset reeling in fish!
7. I have two beautiful sisters and two handsome brothers. My brother attends college in California and my sisters work in the medical field in NC.
8. I am Portuguese. My mother came to America in her teens. My grandparents still do not speak English. I have never been to Portugal, but I would love to go someday.
9. I love research and school. When I'm not blogging I do lots of research, some of my reviews have even been published. I figured I better get a start on publishing because as a professor, its publish or perish!
10. I miss my students badly. You would think I would enjoy summer, but I miss seeing those faces every morning. I feel like they are family now. P.S their parents are pretty awesome too.
*on a side note.. I am also a terrible speller, so don't hold it against me :)