Saturday, July 30, 2011

Student Sign-Out Board

I saw the idea for a board like this on Pintrest and fell in love with it. I don't know how many times I was in the middle of working with a small group, and someone comes over the loud speaker..."Mrs. McCumbee, I need little Johnny to go home please?" I sit there for what seems like a minute thinking is little Johnny in DI (direct instruction) or is he still in the bathroom. Not that I'm a spaz or anything, but hey it happens.
This little board will be very helpful to me. I love that during fire drills you can quickly assess who is where, or when a child asks to go to the restroom and someone is out they can see who is out and when they come back.
I got the board for $5 at Walkmart and the stickers for $4 at ACMoore I have magnets at school and I am going to use calendar pieces as students numbers. The lines that are drawn on the board will eventually be erased and I will replace them with ribbon (once I find a super cute ribbon).

This is a close up of the stickers. I love all those sparkles!


4 comments:

  1. Why didn't we think of that!? Too cute and easy to do. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute! I will post mine soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog and love it!!

    http://quenchyourfirst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete