Saturday, June 4, 2011

Reader's Workshop

Next year I am going to implement Reader's Workshop in my class, I am a little nervous although my graduate program focused heavily on the workshop method. I have been reading books and websites trying to find a good feel for how I can run my own workshop. I have been doing Writer's Workshop for three years now, and I finally feel like I have a decent grasp on how to work each component of the workshop. Now, I have to figure out how to incorporate both workshops. I am very excited to leave the basal and begin integrating my subject areas into reading.
I would love to hear from those of you who use Reader's Workshop in your class. What does your workshop schedule look like? Are there any websites or books you found particularly helpful when implementing your workshop?

3 comments:

  1. visit my blog. it's all I ever talk about. =)

    mrs tabb

    anotherdayinfirstgrade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and I'm THRILLED to read this!!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see we are going to be great blog friends. I love the book list on your blog!

    ReplyDelete