Thursday, July 21, 2011

A Shout-Out To All The College-Goers

     This week is my little brothers birthday and I'm bitter sweet about it. He is attending his first year at college so far from home (CA) and I am really going to hate it when he boards the plane in a few weeks. It kinda brings me back to my days in college. I am a proud graduate of the University of North Carolina at Charlotte (Go 49ers!). I've received several emails from fellow NC bloggers, and I love speaking with each of you. I loved college and I can't wait to begin a new program. I have been working hard to save up for my Ph.D and came across a great tool that I will be taking advantage of, we all know that college is outrageous! Instead of buying all of my books and then hoping the school will buy them back at 1/3 of the cost, I will be renting my books. I found a great website that can help you save up to 90% on textbooks and the best part is that every textbook you rent they will donate money to Operation Smile. If you are interested in learning more head on over to http://www.campusbookrentals.com/ to learn more.

2 comments:

  1. Luckily I still have one more year before my oldest heads off to college, my youngest has a few more years before kindergarten. Crazy I know. If you are still sending out copies of your year at a glance I would love a copy. I am doing my year at a glance this next week. What I am really struggling with is how to do writing differently this year. How do you deal with all the different levels of writers?
    Heidi
    donutdiva05@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget about UNCW either missy :)

    ReplyDelete